City of Bakersfield Baseline Level of Service
Property Based Business Improvement District
Office of the City Manager
City Departments provide the following services within the proposed PBID boundaries:
- Street Sweeping: The City provides street sweeping service two days per we The City does not include alleys.
- Street Trees: The City trims street trees as needed.
- Refuse Service: The City provides refuse service for single family residences and multifamily residences of 6 units or les The City also competes for refuse service for commercial businesses and multifamily residences greater than 6 units.
- Illegal dumping: The City maintains a program to pick up illegally dumped items
- Parking Enforcement: The City enforces parking regulations, services and maintains parking meters and issues related parking citation
- Parking Facilities: The City maintains the parking structure at 18th and Eye Street
- Graffiti Abatement: The City abates graffiti and slap tags on public property and on private property accessible from the public right of
- City Streets: The City maintains and repairs public streets, including alleys, on an as- needed basis depending upon the level of funding for any given ye
- City Sidewalks: The City maintains and replaces sidewalks on an as-needed basis depending upon the level of funding for any given ye
- Storm Drains: The City maintains the storm drain, catch basin and pump station syste
- Pothole repairs: The City repairs potholes as-needed.
- Curb Painting: The City provides periodic repainting of curbs on an as-needed basis
- Signage: The City installs and replaces signs in the public right of way on an as-needed b
- Street Lights: The City maintains and pays electrical costs for lights.
- Traffic Signals: The City operates and maintains the traffic sign
- Code Enforcement: The City provides code enforcement as
- Garbage Collection: The City collects garbage daily for many businesses.
- Sidewalk Trash Receptacles: The City empties garbage cans on sidewalks.
- Landscape and Medians: The City provides irrigation to trees within the public right-of-way.
- Walkways: The City blows walkways.